And to show you what a bad Aunt I am, I forgot my twin nephews birthdays! Yesterday was Scott & Ross's 14th birthdays. But it was also Father's Day AND we were at a graduation party on some friends houseboat at the lake all day. Not a good excuse to forget their birthdays, but dealing with a three-year-old Princess who fell asleep on the way home, but then DEMANDED that she "wasn't tired" when I tried to put pj's on her and put her to bed. She then went in to screaming, crying, "monsters in the bedroom" mode. Needless to say, I forgot to call Scott & Ross. What is it about "monsters in the bedroom"? We keep telling the Princess that Buster & Shaggy won't let any "bad guys" or "monsters" in the house and that mommy & daddy will protect her. But, let me tell you - that crying until you hiccup will get you every time. She's always fine the next morning and usually wakes up by telling us, over the monitor, that the sun's up and it's time to get up. Of course, the sun comes up a little after 6:00 a.m....grrrrrrrrrrr...
No comments:
Post a Comment