Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If I'd known it would be this much fun....

... I wouldn't have dreaded it so much! I turned 50 on Friday, August 1st. I was NOT looking forward to it, but once the big day got here, it was no big deal. I went out for a run at 5:30 a.m. and saw 50 flamingos in my front yard - compliments of four friends in my neighborhood.


Tom had a fabulous party for me on Saturday with lots of friends and neighbors. It started out as a surprise, but he told me about it a couple of weeks beforehand. He had help from my Mother and my wonderful friends Tammy, Jessica, Becky and Sue. I wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING. Tammy flew in from Tampa, so we went to lunch, had pedicures, shopped and drank bloody marys while everyone else worked.

The Princess had SO much fun at the party. There were lots of kids here, so she had plenty of friends to play with. She was so busy running around in the backyard and playing that she didn't eat anything but a few pretzels and a few bites of birthday cake. She passed out about 9:00 from sheer exhaustion.

Oh, and YES, we finished the deck!!!! Landscaping in the fall....stay tuned....

No comments: